Warmth & Comfort
The Cottage at St. Katharine Drexel welcomes and values residents of all faiths. We support and celebrte our residents whose lives are affected by cognitive changes.
Significant life changes can alter a person’s vision, hearing and sense of smell and touch. We have designed our community to encourage feelings of familiarity and security for all residents. Design features include open sight-lines, special lighting and uniquely designed program spaces to help residents feel at home. The home-like atmosphere is further enhanced through specially selected color schemes to evoke comfort and pleasure. Outside each resident’s door, an enclosed shadow box is mounted to display favorite family pictures and other items of meaning in the resident’s life.
- Personalized care based on a resident’s specific needs and abilities
- Preservation of the residents’ habits and preferences
- Caregivers specially selected and trained in empathy, compassion and teamwork
- Multifaceted daily programs to support cognitive and physical health
- Memory-friendly environment that encourages reminiscence
- Safe open spaces that respect the resident’s needs for privacy and dignity
- A secured outdoor courtyard that encourages exercise, relaxation and interaction with nature
Kate’s Cottage provides residents the comfort of home with around-the-clock safety of an interactive staff of caregivers. Residents receive a personalized care plan for assistance they want and need — utilizing visual and audio cueing, as applicable — with activities of daily living such as dressing, bathing and grooming. Medications are administered by staff.
Services and amenities include:
- Personalized room with large fully accessible bathroom
- Assistance with activities of daily living
- Medical appointment scheduling and transportation
- Three nutritious meals a day, plus snacks
- Housekeeping laundry and maintenance
- Beauty and barber shop